The Love of Ha Long


Regardless of how many times I have been to Ha Long, Quang Ninh, anticipation is what I feel every time I come here. I like to see the reaction of tourists every time they are in awe against the charm and majestic of the Sung Sot and Thien Cung caves. I gladly show them the magical works of art on the cliffs created by mother nature, tell them about the history of the bay, about the legendary battles that our people have won in these waters.
  • Best places to visit in Vietnam
Watching Ha Long transforming herself over seasons, I have come to a realization that Ha Long is at her best under the sun. The image of the sun in the water looks like a giant treasure chest. Even the hardest-to-please customers would not hesitate to take a picture of this sparkling water.
Ha Long bay Viet Nam is most surreal with a little rain, maybe a bit foggy. The green islands, the rocks that take the shapes of turtles, lions, whales, etc. They create stories under the mysterious smoke. It is like you are lost in a fairy tale.
Ha Long is most romantic in a summer night, as the lights of the cruise ships and the fishing boats shine down the surface. And you suddenly realize that down there is another star-studded sky.
Ha Long is most satisfying in a breezing day of autumn. A little early wind from the ocean might require you to put on a jacket, but the oozing scent of the ocean should make the exhaustion and frustration go away.
Ha Long is most lovely when your boat is floating on the bay, when the children go out to greet visitors, and the foreigners appreciate the young’s hospitality. A simple moment that makes our heart warm, telling us have faith in peace and unity across the globe.
As the sailor steered the boat, I stood up to indulge myself in this beauty one last time. A light layer of fog gently covered the trees, the rocks, and the sailboat. The boat flowed into the silence, the heart of the bay. Time stopped as I held my breath and my heart literally skipped a beat.
I stepped on the deck, in my head still echoed the voice of the late sailor. “The sea of Ha Long is always this peaceful?” – I asked. “No my boy.” – He replied – “All seas are cruel. But as the storms pass, she loves us, she loves those who lives in her heart. She eases the pain and the loneliness of those who seek her”.
And so, in Ha Long Bay, I find peace again, I found life, I gained faith in myself. I learned to love myself more. I know of Ha Long as a love to share. And surely when the storms take over me, I would seek out the love of this place